The Ruark Family of Richland County, Illnois
Reason Pumpery Ruark Sr. (1797OH-abt1874IL) - md
(1) Mary Jane Banks (abt1796GA- ). Reason began his family in Geauga County,
Ohio, but had moved to Edwards County, Illinois by 1819. He again moved, this time to
Richland County, Illinois, by 1850. In this year he can be found in the 1850 census
for Richland County, along with Jane and children Euphemia, Elizabeth, James and Reason.
Reason md (2) Elizabeth Hurst Spriggs Halfacre.
Reason and Jane had the following children:
- Matilda Ruark (1815- ) - md Lloyd Rawlings (1803OH-1883IL). Matilda was a
step-daughter of Reason, and is mentioned in his will in which she is given $500.
- George W. Ruark (1818IL-1877) - Received $500 in his father's will.
- Rebecca C. Ruark (1819-1872) - md Mr. Warfield. Rebecca had passed away prior to
her father's death, and her children all split a share of $500 from Reason's will.
- James Warfield
- Elizabeth Warfield - md Mr. Wilson by 1875.
- Euphemia Warfield - md Mr. Pittman by 1875.
- Ellison Warfield - md Mr. Madden by 1875.
- Mathilda Warfield
- Reason H. Warfield
- Mary Warfield
- Phoebe Emily Warfield
- Cecelia Ruark (1821- ) - md Isaac David Finch. "Cecelia David" is given $500 from
the will of her father.
- Elizabeth Ruark (1821IL-1897) - md Mr. Geissler. She received $500 upon her father's
- Euphemia Ruark (1823L-1895) - md (1) Mr. Butler and (2) Mr. Tombaugh/Lambaugh.
Euphemia Lambaugh was willed $500 by her father.
- Shadrack Ruark (1825IL- ) - md (1) Julia Rogers (2) Sophia Blakey. Shadrack moved
to Evansville in 1844. He received $500 from his father's will.
- Reason Pumpery Ruark Jr. (1833IL-1922) - md
Margaret R. (@1827OH- ). Reason received $100 from his father's will, plus
$500 he had been previously given.
- James Ruark (1830IL-1863KY) - died in battle in Ferryville Kentucky.
Reason's will also mentions three other grandchildren. Each was to receive $100 from
his will "as they each become of lawful age". However, their parentage isn't
Reason and Elizabeth had at least one child:
Last Will and Testament of Reason Ruark, Sr.
- Anna R. Ruark
- Reason N. Ruark
- George B. McClellan Ruark
If you see anything wrong here, or if you want anything added, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Return to the Geauga Co., OH Ruark page
Return to the Edwards Co., IL Ruark page
Return to the Richland Co., IL Ruark page
Ruark Family Genealogy Homepage
last modified: 12 January 2003