The Shadrack Ruark Family of Licking County, Ohio
Shadrack (or Shedrack) Ruark (1791-1846IL) married Sarah Hall (1796VA- ?IL) in 1817 in
Licking County, Ohio. They started their family there, but moved to Illinois around 1845.
Shadrack died in 1846 in Lawrence County, Illinois, though the family seems to have been
associated more closely with Richland County, Illinois.
The census traces this family in 1820 at Licking Co., OH, 1830 at Richland Co., OH, and
1840 at Lawrence Co., IL. In 1850, Sarah, Caroline, and Sarah L. can be found in the
Richland Co. census.
- Malinda Ruark
- Parthena Ann Ruark
- James McKendree Ruark
- Milton Riley Ruark (1822OH-1847IL) - md Mary Ann Walker (1820PA- ) in 1844 in
Richland Co., Illinois. Mary and James can be found there in the 1850 census.
- James Emery Ruark (1845IL-1916KS) - md Elizabeth Catherine Rude in 1868 in Edwards Co., Illinois
- Carolina Matilda Ruark (1829OH- ) - md William Eckers in 1871
- Sarah L. Ruark (1834OH-1857IL) - md Amos Evans Courtwright in 1850
- William M. Courtwright (1851IL-1852IL)
- Sarah Courtwright (1854IL-1946) - md Jacob B. Rude in 1877 in Richland Co., Illinois
- Amos Courtwright (1857IL-1916IL) - md Selesta Leora Spriggs in 1877 in Richland Co., Illinois
If you see anything wrong here, or if you want anything added, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Return to the Licking Co., OH Ruark page
Return to the Lawrence Co., IL Ruark page
Return to the Richland Co., IL Ruark page
Ruark Family Genealogy Homepage
last modified: 12 January 2003